Sustainable development policy
At the heart of our policy, we are committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our activities while operating responsibly. The fundamental values of our policy are the protection of the environment and support for the community.
Our eco-friendly rating is 71 (Distinction level).
Certifications for our T-shirts
Our bamboo fabrics have Oeko-Tex 100 certification.
Our organic cotton fabrics follow the organic content standard (OCS). This certification verifies the presence and quantity of organic materials in a final product and tracks the flow of the raw material from its source to the final product. The OCS 100 covers the processing, manufacture, packaging, labelling, trade and distribution of a product, to ensure that it contains at least 95% of certified "organic" materials.
Control Union is the leading certification body, which has certified the majority of all certified facilities. This includes companies in ginning, spinning, weaving and knitting, dyeing and printing and sewing.
• The boxes used to transport our T-shirts during production are made of recycled paper. They are reused, revalued and then recycled.
• The envelopes used for line orders are made of FSC-certified kraft paper. They do not contain bubble wrap, so for this reason they are 100% recyclable.
• We do not print invoices and packing slips to reduce our paper consumption. All receipts are emailed.
• The little paper we use is 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
• The fabric scraps to make our T-shirts are reused to make toques.
PLB compensates for its ecological footprint by supporting the organization Arbre-Évolution, an organization that specializes in tree planting and ecosystem restoration.
The computer servers that host our website are located in Canada.
PLB uses hybrid/electric vehicles, and sometimes even bicycles for travel and deliveries.
PLB supports the organization Boule de neige. Boule de neige is a site of Quebec products where each purchase donates $10 to charities, which are selected by the buyer. Sustained causes include: Alzheimer Society of Montreal, Operation enfant soleil, Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Leucan, Cancer Research Society.
Some of the PLB T-shirts are made by Montreal-based social organization Petites-Mains. Petites Mains' mission is to help people in difficulty, especially immigrant, single-parent and unemployed women, to emerge from isolation, in order to promote their integration into Quebec society so that they can live in dignity.